Manually Remove a Click-to-Run installation of Office – The office is a suite of desktop application designed by Microsoft, which has many versions of Office like Office 365, Office 2016, and Office 2013 etc. You can use either Click-to-Run or Windows Installer technology to install the Office products on your system. Click-to-Run is used to install Office 365 subscription, Office 2013 and Office 2016 product. Whereas Windows Installer is used to install volume license editions like Microsoft Office Standard etc.
The Click-to-Run technology may encounter some error during the installation. if you have already installed Windows Installer-based Office program on your system. If you face any error related to Click-to-Run installer then you can manually remove a Click-to-Run installation of Office from your system. If you face any difficulty during the removal then you may visit office.com/setup for the help.
Steps to Manually Remove a Click-to-Run installation of Office:
- First of all, you need to check whether the Office Click-to-Run is installed on your system or not.
- In order to determine the Click-to-Run installation of Office, click File menu.
- Now you need to click Help and search for the Click-to-Run Product Updates.
- If you are able to see Click-to-Run product updates option then it is installed on your system.
Manually Remove a Click-to-Run installation of Office:
- In order to uninstall or remove the Office Click-to-Run from the system, click the start button.
- Start button can be found in the bottom left corner of the computer screen.
- Now click Control Panel, and then select Programs and Features.
- Click Add or Remove programs to manually remove a Click-to-Run installation of Office.
- Now from the list of the software or programs select the program which you want to remove.
- Now click Uninstall, and click Yes to confirm the uninstallation process.
- Restart your system, when prompted and you are done.
Follow the above-given procedure in order to manually remove a Click-to-Run installation of Office. If you still face any issue or error then feel free to contact Office Support or visit us at office.com/setup. Our experts will guide you through the step-by-step procedure and help you to resolve the issue.