Install Microsoft Compatibility Pack – Microsoft Compatibility Pack enables the user to open, edit and save files using file format in a newer version of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Microsoft has added the new Office Open XML Formats to the following 2007 Microsoft Office programs and 2010 Microsoft Office programs.
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office Word
Install Microsoft Compatibility Pack
Step 1: Update your Windows Services
Before you start with the Microsoft Compatibility pack, you must check whether there is an update available for your current version device. To check and install the updates, follow these steps.
- Click on the Start menu and enter Update in the search box.
- Select the Windows update.
- Click on check for updates, this may take a few minutes.
- If there are any updates then install them. Otherwise, you can go to the next step.
Step 2: Download the Compatibility Pack
- Visit the Microsoft Compatibility Page.
- Check the system requirements and hit the enter button when you are ready.
- Select the different software you wish to add and click Next.
- A download will start on your browser. Save it to the desktop for ease.
Step 3: Install the Compatibility Pack
- Once you downloaded the software, you just need to install it on your device.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to run it on your device.
- When prompted with “Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms” message, click Continue.
- Furthermore, follow the onscreen instructions to install the Compatibility Pack.
- Restart your device once it is directed by the software.
Verify that you installed Microsoft Compatibility Pack
It is important to check whether the pack has successfully installed or not. Sometimes due to restart error, a device may not install a software completely. This issue can result in an inappropriate behavior of some software. Follow these steps to verify whether the installation is complete or not.
- Click the Start button on your device.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit the enter key.
- Open the Currently installed programs and updates list and check for “Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system”.
- If you are unable to find it in the list then you have to start over.
For any help contact the Customer Support team. Our services are 24*7 available for our valued customer. Call Now at our Toll-free number.