Fix Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074 – Microsoft has designed a set of desktop applications which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The Microsoft Office can be downloaded from the link office.com/setup. You need a Microsoft account in order to activate your copy of Office product on your system.
Microsoft Office may give you an error while downloading or installing the Office. There are several common errors which you may face, but most of these errors are resolvable. Here we are going to describe some common errors and help you to fix Office activation error code 0xC004F074. First, we have to find the cause of the error then we follow the basic troubleshooting to resolve the error.
Cause of Error – Fix Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074:
- The main cause of the Office activation error code 0xC004F074 is that the date and time are not in sync.
- Due to DNS update issue also you may face the Office activation error code 0xC004F074.
In order to fix Office Activation error code 0xC004F074 on the system, you need to follow some basic troubleshooting. If the error still persists after performing the basic troubleshooting then you may visit the link office.com/setup for the further guidance.
Steps to Fix Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074:
Method 1 – Correct the date & time:
- In order to fix Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074, you need to check the time and date of the system.
- Click on the Date and time on the taskbar and then click Change date and time settings.
- If you are Windows 10 then turn on the Set time automatically as well as the set time zone automatically.
- For other operating system click Internet Time and then select the checkbox in front of the Automatically Synchronize with internet time server.
- Now you need to select time.windows.com, click update and then click Ok.
The above process will help you update the time and date of the system, which will resolve the error. If you are facing the error because of the time and date is not sync. In case the error still persists then follow the other method to Fix Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074.
Method 2 – Download and install Microsoft office volume license pack:
- If you are facing the activation error then you can download and install the latest version of Microsoft Office volume license pack from the link office.com/setup.
- You can visit the link www.office.com/setup and then download the Office setup on your system.
- If the system co-hosts and the operating system is either Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 then there is a chance that you might get this error.
- To Fix Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074, you may try to download and install the latest software from Microsoft Office.
Method 3 – Disable and Reenable DNS host:
- Press Windows Key + R, in order to open the Run dialog box.
- Now type “regedit” and then press enter key, to open the Registry.
- Now navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform”.
- You need to create a new DWORD value with the name of DisableDnsPublishing and then set it’s value to 1.
- The above step will disable the DNS publishing.
- In order to enable it again, you required setting the DWORD value to 0.
- Now check whether the error still persists or not.
You need to perform the above steps in order to Fix Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074. If the problem still persists then contact Office Support or visit us at office.com/setup for the further assistance and support.