Error code 30174-4 – You might see this error if your anti-virus software, firewall, proxy settings, or connection prevent you from installing Office. You can try some common troubleshooting steps to fix the error. Or you can call for Office Support. You can use these same methods to fix other similar Office Error like.
Error code 30174-4
- Error Code 30174-4 when installing Office 2016
- Something went wrong. 30174-4 (1392)
- Office 2016 Error Code 30174 4 1
- Office Setup Error 30174 4
- Office 365 Install Error 30174 4 32
- Office 365 Error Code 30174-4 (1392)
- Microsoft 365 Error Code 30174 4
- Error Code 30174 4 1392
Use Wired Network Connection
If you are using a Wireless Network to download and install Office then we recommend you to use a Wired Connection. As the Wired Connection is more secure and stable. The Wireless Connection, especially when you are using public networks, can be pretty threatening. Try installing Office using a wired connection, if the Error code 30174-4 is still there, then try other methods.
Install Office using the Offline Installer
The Offline installed help you bypass the proxy settings and other device security easily. You need to download the Offline Installer and install it whenever you want.
- Open your Web Browser and Sign in to the Microsoft Account.
- Use the sign in credentials of the Account you used purchase MS Office.
- Then click on My Account and choose to Install Office.
- Then go to the Download Offline Installer and choose the version(64-bit or 32-bit) you want.
- Click on Install button and download file for Offline installer will start.
- When the download is done, double-click to start the installer.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- If you are able to complete all the process without Error code 30174-4 then you are good to go.
- Otherwise, check other methods to fix the error.
Try Installing from a Different Location
If you are using Public Networks like School or Office Network to download and install MS Office and facing Error code 30174-4. Then it is likely that the network is limited and not allowing Office to install properly. Use your Home Network to complete the installation process. In case you are using Home network and still facing the issue then there may be an issue with your device.
Temporarily Turn Off Antivirus and Firewall
Sometimes, security protocols of your device do not allow the Office software to install properly. The antivirus and firewall stop some file to properly process on the computer, which leads to Error code 30174-4 on your device.
To fix the issue due to Antivirus and Firewall, disable these applications and try the installation again. If the error still persists then enable the Antivirus and Firewall and contact Office Support for help. You can call us at the toll-free number and get instant Technical Support for all your errors related to Office.