Manage User Software Microsoft Office 365 – MS Office 365 enables the user to customize all the download and installation related settings. This falls under the admin control feature. Where the admin can install software from Office 365 portal and settings will be applied to the other users.
The admin has the access to download and installs some software and on the other hand, he can restrict few installations. Admin can also allow and restrict some Office applications to any user.
Manage User Software Microsoft Office 365
Configure the Admin Settings
- Open your web browser and sign up for Office 365 portal.
- To configure these settings, make sure you have Admin rights. Otherwise, you won’t be able to change anything.
- After you sign in to the Office 365 and you have the admin right, you must be able to see Admin option on Office 365 home page.
- Click on this Admin option and you will be redirected to the Office Admin Center.
- On the life of the tab, click on the Service Settings and then User Software.
- After that, the User will be redirected to “Manage user software through Office 365” page.
- Here you(admin) can set the option like which software is available for download.
Make sure to save all your settings and log out of your user account when not using it.
How to get Office in your Organization
There is a lot of other management features that the admin can use to manage the Office 365. Some of these are going to be listed below. Read them carefully to better understand the Office 365.
- Choose how often to get feature update for Office 2016 application.
- For example: Manually change that some users get the Office 2016 update every month and other users get the update in every six months.
- Manually download and install the Office apps by using the Office 2016 Deployment Tool.
- Use the Office 2016 Deployment Tool to deploy the latest software updates to the users to install.
- Additional considerations about managing user software in Office 365.
- By default, all the applications are available to all the users, you can change that to fewer applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Generally, the user is a local administrator of the device he is using. If he is not then you(admin) have to install Office 365 for him.
These options may or may not be different for you depending on your subscription. As not all the Office 365 subscriptions have same settings and options.